Thursday, July 30, 2026

Peppered Not Pepped

Thursday, July 30, 2026

More of the same.  Went to sleep at a reasonable hour.  Woke up about 6:00 and was not going to get back to sleep no matter how hard I tried.  And I did not want to get going either.

And that is not the result of doing a lot last evening.  I did my grocery shopping, ate and it was already about 8:00.  Hard to start too many projects when you're staring bedtime in the face.  And when you dontwanna.

On a happier note the scale was down a chunk again.  Much more than expected, my prediction was a small fraction of a pound.  Fewer calories and less grain is a good thing apparently.  Still room for improvement, but I'll be thrilled if the weight trends down.   And even more thrilled if I feel better physically - I worry about how I feel being the new normal.

Breakfast:  Hard boiled eggs, Cabot seriously sharp, coffee

 

Determined that I like the eggs best heavily peppered.  Somehow forgot to take a photo so this is a rerun.  Same as yesterday but a bit more cheese today.

Lunch:  Deli turkey, Bush's southwest zest beans, jar jalapenos

 


Bought a couple different types of canned beans, since I probably won't make any of my spicy beans until fall.  Also ended up with Deitz and Watson oven roasted turkey since it was on sale.  Very tasty.

Dinner:  Salami, cheese, pickle, cheese popcorn

 


Grazing plate.  Didn't need much.  Actually really enjoyed this.  Probably didn't need the popcorn but it was open and I left some for tomorrow to finish it off.

  

And the capper, salted caramel ice cream w choc syrup.

Exercise:  I walked back to work after lunch, about seven city blocks, took 14 minutes.  It doesn't take much of a slope to put me into difficulty, fortunately I can choose how much I want to take on by route selection.  I am slow, and while it wasn't exactly pleasant it went better than I expected.

Also walked home at the end of the day.  Forgot to check the time, but expect the same 14-15 minutes.  It was less pleasant.  I kept going, but it should NOT require that much effort just to walk at a leisurely pace.  

119.0

No comments: